I wish I saw more Northeast hunters on the show

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by bowmanvinny, Jan 23, 2016.

1. bowmanvinny

bowmanvinny Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know the bow hunting demographic is in the Midwest. but, I really wished that Bowhunt or die would feature more eastern hunters. There is some good talent on the eastern side of the United States

2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, they're midwest snobs. ;-)

3. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. Some of the hunts are fun to watch, but it gets monotonous watching hunts over corn fields. Yawn. Bring on the big woods hunting!

4. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I challenge some of the mid-west hunters to come to the big woods of the Adirondacks and harvest a mature deer.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why would they want to come to northern New York and look at empty woods?

6. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's not about competition for those on the team. There are a lot of different ways to hunt whitetail, most notably determined by your property, and local surroundings. I've seen an increasing and quite frankly very annoying trend in whitetail hunting where hunters are calling out other hunters styles. Good hunters know their respective styles as well as limitations of their properties and take advantage. Good hunters don't make excuses and cover their inability to harvest game by making excuses about where they hunt. Through the use of overused hash tags like #nofoodplots etc all we're doing is causing seperation. We're all hunters, who cares where you hunt, we do this because we enjoy it. Get out and enjoy the area God blessed you with. Be safe, hunt smart, God bless!

7. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting is like real estate, Location, Location, Location! Can't kill a 150" deer if it doesn't exist, no matter how good you are.

8. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well said! I hunt kansas, but am from New Hampshire and spend a lot of my time there when I'm not in the Midwest. I've basically stopped talking to new englanders about the deer I kill. There's a lot of envy and jealousy over big antlered deer, especially by people who've never killed one. For some reason a 150" 5 year old deer doesn't count if it's killed in the Midwest. Because for those of us fortunate enough to hunt big bucks, we all know they stand behind every tree and walk into a cornfield broadside if you hunt Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, or Illinois. Given a lot of the spikes and 2 year olds I see getting shot with guns in New England, how does that make you a superior hunter to me when I'm killing a 5 year old with a bow?

We're all hunters. Use your weapon of choice, kill what makes you happy, enjoy the chase, savor the tablefare, and move on and be happy for your fellow hunter.

9. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never said it was competition. I wish I lived in the mid-west to deer hunt. Simply stating that pretty much what I see in most (95%) of hunting videos and shows doesn't apply to the northeast

Nobody's fault that I live in a "crappy" section of the world for deer hunting.
    Just gives a whole new meaning to the terms "shooter buck", "cull buck", and "doe management".

I was simply responding to the original poster. The reason you don't see North east shows and videos or pro-staff is because the shows actually need more than 1 kill per season and who wants to see 4 pointers get killed?

10. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I like watching 4, 6 or 8 pointers scoring 100" shot in front of me.
    That's the only option available around here.

11. jaydon691

jaydon691 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are plenty of big racks in the Northeast. I am not sure it is easy or easier to take a mature buck anywhere. I have been fortunate enough to take several 150"+ deer in northeast with my bow. As with anywhere else in the world, it takes work, skill and some luck. Scouting, being cognizant of wind conditions, proper scent control, patience and practice all are part of the equation. I would love to hunt Kansas, South Texas, Iowa, Illinois, but I also would never want to stop hunting the northeast. Big deer are here, go get'em!!!

12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt nothing but big woods. You just don't see much from me because I apparently don't shoot anything :busted:

Next year it is all going to change. Bring it on whitetails!

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I should add, I'm not Northeast.... just North :tu:

14. jaydon691

Dislikes Received:
    Seth, where you from, I hunt southern tier NYS and the Adirondacks as well. I live in CT and mostly bow hunt down here but I like hunting the "Big Woods" of the Adirondacks. Tough hunting for sure but a lot of fun.

15. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Took me 3 yrs to get a self filmed deer on video and he was only a spike but awesome to me and I made my own TV show which you can see right here on BOWHUNTING.COM

16. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just north of Saratoga area. I have land around schuylerville, Gansevoort and in Warren County.

17. jaydon691

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt west of you in Herkimer. Exit 30 off of 90 west. Saratoga is north of Albany off of 87 right?

18. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They will take on pro staff from any part of the country. Get a camera, film some hunts, and apply when they are taking applications. If they find a good guy from the NE then I'm sure they will include him in the mix!

19. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to see a pic of these deer! I'm not being sarcastic either. Being from Vermont, we are making strides towards a healthier deer heard, better age class structure and so on. But with that said the state doesn't produce more that 2-3 bucks a year that even approach 150".

20. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. I'm exit 18 of I-87.