Clinton Fawcett

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Shoot Straight, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Shoot Straight

Shoot Straight Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is more of a thank you letter than a post, so lets get that clear from the get go. This weeks episode got to me for some reason. I've been following this show for several years now and Clinton, you have always been one of my favorites. You have a ton of knowledge about what we all love to do, you film monster bucks every single year, your a grateful killer of the majestic whitetail, and this year you have let a whole community of like minded peers into your personal life when life handed you a really devastating situation. It would not be possible for me to comprehend the roller coaster of emotions that you have ridden over the past several months, but I can tell you, that on film you have put your best foot forward and have earned about as much respect that I could hold for someone. This all brings me to today's show. First off, thank you Ty for your service and doing what you do on a daily basis so that I can do the things that I love. Again, you have earned as much respect as I can give. Back to Clinton, the amount of work that you put in is evident when we watch these shows, and I know that this is only the tip of the iceberg when compared to all the steps that must be taken to keep deer of this caliber on your farm. To watch you rattle in Cal Ripken then watch as that world class 8 pointer struts across the food plot that you planted and cared for and to then find out that you "lied" to Ty so that he was comfortable letting that arrow fly is really a testament to the kind of hunter and sportsman you really are. The explanation you gave your brother as to why it was ok for him to shoot that deer after he found out that it was Cal is what being a family and sharing quality time with one another in the deer woods is all about. This portion of the episode made me proud to be a bowhunter because I know several gentlemen that would be willing to do the same. I've met a lot of folks over the years in all different aspects and walks of life, and when I sit down and reflect on the people I've met...most of my favorites are people I've met through hunting and spent time with in the woods. So thanks, Clinton, for bringing us a high quality video to enjoy, as well as being a high quality person. You sir are what I strive to be in a sportsman and a hunter and I hope that others watching this episode feel the same way I do. Watching Cal Ripken fall is the end of this story, but I know that there are many more chapters in your book and I look forward to you sharing them with the BHOD community. Congratulations to both Clinton and Ty, this was my favorite episode yet!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just more reason to love Clinton. Always have liked Clinton and Frankie the best, no offense to others.

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, quality episode.

4. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great episode! Clinton, props man, that was awesome!

5. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hilarious moment, the cologne, you're a weird man Graf!

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Clinton let me sleep in his recliner and drink some of his Old Milwaukee Light one time. He's alright in my book.

7. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Clinton = a CLASS act.

You are the epitome of a role model for MOST hunters and anglers based on this episode and many others. Kudos to you and your bother in law

T

8. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Clinton. Class act.

9. ruteger

ruteger Guest

Clinton and Frank have always been my favorites on the show, too. Today's show reaffirmed that quite a bit. Clinton's a stand-up guy for being so happy for Ty shooting Cal Ripken and Frank's quite the guy for not piling up that cow for running off his hitlister.

10. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Everyone for the kind words. SHOOT STRAIGHT I read your post while I was at lunch today with the wife and kids. I can tell you this a packed pizza place probably wasnt the best place for me to break down crying while scrolling through my phone. The support that everyone has shown my family and myself through our loss of Sawyer ( been two months today) has been unbelievable to say the least. When Sawyer passed away I received messages from people that I personally know and people that I dont throughout the hunting community. It says a lot for the type of people that our out there. It helped my family and myself more than I could thank everyone for in a life time. THANK YOU

As far as the Cal Ripken goes. There was a time in my life when I cared who shot what and it bothered me if I wasnt the one behind the big rack. I tried to control everything that was always happening on our farms who was hunting where on and what they were allowed to shoot. You know the typical all about me young guy. One day I realized thats not what hunting is. The Camera as strange as it sounds has actually helped me enjoy hunting more than I did before. I get just as much of a thrill out of filming a hunt as I do If Im the one shooting. I have always said that I would never let the camera change me. We try to keep it as real as possible for everyone to see. Being with TY when he shot Cal Ripken was an awesome moment in my hunting career and I can honestly say that I never had one bad feeling about the way it all went down. THANKS FOR WATCHING THE SHOW AND MOST OF ALL THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT DURING OUR TIME OF NEED.

11. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was also one of my favorite episodes. Like Justin said, that says a lot about Clinton as a person. What a class act.