2 bucks in a half hour

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by richard932, Jan 15, 2016.

1. richard932

richard932 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Great episode guys!! Thanks for showing what really happens while bowhunting. And a huge slick head from the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great show guys! Congrats Tom! Awesome hunt!! Is that Todd's wide buck from earlier this year hanging on the set wall behind him? If so that was a fast turnaround from the taxidermist!!

3. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  4. lonewolfhunter345

lonewolfhunter345 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yea great episode! Congrats on two great bucks

5. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That must have been awesome. I was excited just watching it. Two awesome bucks, congrats!

6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That was a great show. I can't blame Tom one bit for taking that shot. It wasn't Ideal but I would have been on the ground finishing that buck off just like he did. And what a doe hunt. Using the curious nature against them. Simple genius

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Probably one of the best hunts I have seen on Bow Hunt or Die! That is truly a bow hunters dream. Maybe even a once in a life time event! Congrats Tom! On a side note I would have probably ended up taking the shot as well...

8. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love this episode. Me and the boy just now watched it and the boy said the same thing I thought. "Daddy, he sure had a good day with both those big bucks showing up, must have been really rutting up there" lol Congratulations to Tommy and Paul and Dan. Really good show guys.

9. tommy2shot

tommy2shot BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks a lot Guys I really appreciate it. This hunt was by far the best hunt of my life, and one of the most memorable seasons I've had since my first deer 23 years ago. Not only did I jam pack the freezer for a while, and add a couple mounts to the trophy room. Later in the season Justin Zarr myself,and son Jack got lucky one afternoon with a great deer kill. Forget about trophy deer this was the highlight of my season without a doubt. Shooting two nice bucks in 1 sit will probably never happen to me again, and I'm so thankful to capture it all on film and share with you. I love BowHunting!

10. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, this was by far one of the best. All those bucks running around was awesome. Definitely going to watch that segment a couple times.

11. cj22drake

cj22drake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Paul that was pretty slick with the decoy AND from the ground. I like seeing hunts from the ground, because sometimes people can't always use tree stands whether its an injury or maybe not having the money to buy one lol. And Tom, I would've loved to had the action you had. That episode was the best this year! Dan I didn't forget about you, I love watching your hunts and I hope things go better for you next season!

12. Bow Duke

Bow Duke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tommy, I just watched the show and have to say I truly enjoyed watching your hunt. That was an epic hunt, and it was made especially memorable that you captured it so well on video! Job well done!!

The only bad part is that you left me jazzed for my next whitetail hunt, but the season is closed!!! :)

Congrats again!!!

13. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great show. Congrats to all three of you guys. Tommy had a hunt of a lifetime, Paul had a great idea and the patience to stick with it and Dan showed persistence in a difficult year. Good work fellas; loved the show.

14. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So, it said that Tommy has to take meds for his buck fever. What truly works for that? Lol

15. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea nice episode. I love those types of rut hunts. I've had a couple different hunts in the past where I had bucks running all over the place. I had one time where I had 8 bucks on top of me all within 40 yards. Talk about a rush. I also had another time the day after a big snowstorm during the rut and I had 7 bucks come running in on a hot doe and all were grunting. Then a really nice wide 10 pt came in and snort wheezed and kicked them all off. Was my first time ever hearing/seeing the snort wheeze as well.

16. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, even though my year was tough im ok with it knowing I gave 100% effort, part of big timber hunting

17. cj22drake

cj22drake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know how you feel Dan. I shot a doe in October and didn't see hardly any deer after that. There's always more to do to better the odds, and there's always better days to come!

18. PSEHunter79

PSEHunter79 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw quite a few episodes, great stuff! How come you guys get so few passthroughs? a dead deer is a dead deer and asking out of curiosity...

19. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    My last 3 Deer on film one pass through, two solid off side shoulder hits

20. Paulmorrison

Paulmorrison BHOD ProStaff

Dislikes Received:
    I know for me I started shooting the NAP kill zone, crazy blood trails all deer have fell within 75 yards but if you hit the opposite shoulder or ribs more then likely not gonna get a pass through. There made to open a big hole and they do that well..