Why is it?

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by JGD, Oct 19, 2014.

1. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Every single time I try to watch the BHOD videos they play for several minutes then start buffering... I've never had this problem with any other video from other sites. Yep, I admit I have looked at hunting vids on other sites. :(
    Right now it is going on twenty minutes with the little dial spinning and it makes me crazy. I've tried restarting and it stops in exactly the same place each time. This week it started the minute the Todd's buck stepped into the field. I'm guessing he made the shot. :D

2. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you watching on youtube or this actual site on the video tab? I normally watch it on youtube and it doesn't give me any problems. But i will say when i watch growing deer.tv on their site, it takes FOREVER to load and i don't understand. Then when they upload it to youtube it doesn't buffer at all. The only thing i can think of is if the server they have is bad, slow, or receiving too much activity at one time.
    P.s. where in tx do you hunt?

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest I'm not sure why that would happen. We typically watch the show through on 3-4 different devices on various Internet connections to make sure it's working properly.

Are you watching it here on the website?

4. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For me I just pull it up on apple tv and pause it at the beginning and let it load for 20-30 minutes. then usually it will play all the way through. When I watch it on the site I do about the same thing but it usually doesn't have to load as long. For me any video I watch on this wifi takes at leased as long as the video is to load or sometimes twice as long. (ex. 20min vid takes 20-40min to buffer.)

5. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I do watch it here on the web site. Maybe I should try it on Youtube.

Aaron, I actually do most of my "local" hunting in Oklahoma as I live north of Dallas. I did draw a Hagerman permit (Texas) this year so will be hunting there too.

6. Nocturnal Machinist

Nocturnal Machinist Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Could be caused by a number of things. If your service from your ISP is less than 3megs you may experience problems streaming HD video. You can turn HD on and off in the upper corner of the player as standard defeniton will always buffer faster. If your on a WiFi connection the problem could be with the wireless adapter or router. Try resetting both of these if you suspect this. The player is Flash based so make sure you have an updated version of Adobe Flash Player. If your computer hardware is older you might try turning off hardware acceleration in the players settings or updating the drivers for your video card. Sometimes for reasons I don't fully understand, you need to clear your temp cache and cookies, and then restart your browser after and update to Flash Player or you may have issues.

Hope this helps.
    Thats really gotta suck having the vid stop when you know Todd's about to take down the Rhino buck!