100th Episode - Tyler's Buck "Machete"

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Justin, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys the 100th episode is officially up and running! Pretty crazy to think how many videos we've filmed in our little studio over the years and just how far the show has come in that time. We're fortunate enough to have a great team of guys in place who lay down some killer footage for us and a great videographer/editor in our boy Brando who does all of the hard work behind the scenes and gets very little credit. Thank you to all of you guys who make this possible!

And what a great hunt for our 100th show, eh? Tyler did an amazing job telling a story and filming that hunt entirely on his own. IMO that hunt was just about flawless and embodies everything we're about; hard work, hunting smart and making your shot count. That hunt is going to be tough to beat this year as Tyler sure set the bar awfully high for the rest of us.

2. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to all of you guys that make BHOD happen!! You do an amazing job and produce one of the best bowhunting shows out there!!! Keep up the great work!!

3. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to watch it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Zarr. Means a lot. Wow what a few years can change. If you look back to the first videos produced by bhod, they were ok but nothing like what it's turned into the last couple of years. I'm glad I'm a part of this team that's real,hard working individuals.
    A big thank you to brandyn our editor. He literally took 33.3gb of my footage and turned it into a sweet hunt. Otherwise you guys would be watching a 3 hour episode of birds chirping and wind blowing. Lol

Keep up the good work team and happy anniversary. Hope I wasn't suppose to get Todd and Justin a gift. Dropped the ball on that one. :)

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tyler, you're the man! Great deer and great hunt. That monster 12 is still out there flipping you the bird, lol.

Did you decide why the arrow penetration was poor'ish???? Rib + Mechanical = poor penetration and single lung????

6. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    It stuck in the off side shoulder didn't break or bend. It had more than I initially thought. He didn't bleed much because the 2 3/8 hole got plugged with my arrow and a huge peice of fat. Craziest thing I've ever witnessed. I pulled about a 7 inch by 3 in fat roll out of the hole. His shoulder was like a 3/4 inch thick steel. I had to use a jig saw to cut his legs off when caping. I did get liver and single lung.

7. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck and great video! Congrats!

8. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    IT was the craziest blood trail I have ever been a part of that's for sure. There was seriously ten drops of blood. We were thinking about backing out but we watched the footage a couple more times while we were in timber and knew that he had to be right there somewhere. ITs hard to believe that a hole that big could get plugged with fat and not let any blood out.

9. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The does in that episode are just dropping in their tracks!

10. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Real good episode. Lot of good footage. One of the better ones I've seen in awhile.

Also like all the kill shots right away. Not sure if that was just changed or if I've not noticed. Good either way on several levels.

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The shot placement looked perfect and I would of thought dead in 15 seconds.

I am amazed at all of the mature bucks walking around already during daylight.

Congrats helluva deer.

12. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Tyler, looked like a great hunt. Did have a question for Paul, was that a spine shot on that doe? Don't take that as a judgemental question, it's not meant to be. I just haven't seen many drop that fast, was pretty cool but wasn't sure if it was from her dropping a bit and hitting spine? Still learning as I go on effects of different shot placements. What a great episode this one was, lots of activity going on and succesful hunts, congrats to the BHOD crew!

13. Shoot Straight

Shoot Straight Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Tyler, Machete is an awesome buck. Then to see Rockstar on the same night following a similar pattern has to be exciting. Rockstar is quite the specimen!!! Looks like a deer that Larry Zach would canvas. If you don't know who Larry Zach is, google him, talented guy and super nice fella. And Justin, seeing Bacon in your clip to start the show literally made me go to my bosses office, tell him I would not be back after lunch, hop in the jeep, and head for the trees. What a monster. Congrats on 100 episodes...hope to see 100 more. Cant get enough and so glad I finally decided to join the forum. Bow hunt or die.

14. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to Tyler on that awesome hunt. And to BH.com crew for #100! Keep em coming

15. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is the best footage I have ever seen on BHOD. He did a excellent job! A awesome deer and hunt as well!

Good job Tyler!

16. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Tyler on a sweet buck. Just goes to show you how resilient these big bucks are!

17. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great episode guys, congrats on the 100th show!!! Tyler's self filmed hunt should be a tutorial!!! amazing Job Tyler, Congrats!!

18. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    nice work congrats buddy!

19. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that was a fun episode to watch ! Allot of action and great video quality, Keep it up guys ! And congratulations Tyler on a nice deer !

20. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great deer and great video Tyler.
    Congrats!!!