Season 5 ... Episode 7 Lets see your food plots

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by timcon, Jul 12, 2014.

1. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We enjoyed the latest episode of BHOD ... Liked seeing whats going on with food plots ... Wanted to share a picture taken today from our "home farm" hear in east-central Indiana ... we have 5 acres (in strips) of Eagle Seed Forage Soybeans ... 2 acres (in strips) of sorghum .... 1 clover plot ... and the rest in habitat .... Growing weather has been great here ... When late season comes around ... If you own the food .. you also own the Deer around here !!
    It would be great to see some other post up pictures of "what ya got grow'n" (although that might fit better in the proper Forum category ?)

DSC_0024.jpg

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Well Hello Tim !!! Awesome pic right there of Casie in the food plot, looks like its really comming along! Ill have your Montgomery creek rock done next week!!

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Beans are looking good guys!

I don't have any plots in the ground yet and won't for another month or so. Hopefully they grow better than last year is all I can say.

4. benkharr

benkharr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    looks good

5. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I gotta say I really like these kinds of episodes. Give us a little more knowledge and reasoning on some of the how-to stuff. Too many times we just see the same thing. Big deer shot over food plot on "last day" of hunt. "Smoked em".. and other nonsense. Tell me why you have that food plot there (I loved when Justin explained we are switching this plot to the other side of the field for these trees and this wind). I like when they point out the smaller kill plots. Oh look, it's just wide enough to have anything in bow range. As someone who has been teaching myself (and still learning) to hunt, this kind of lesson is invaluable and not on most shows. So thank you, and please keep the informational episodes coming!

6. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    We appreciate the feedback and are glad you get value out of these episodes. Though they aren't as thrilling as the hunt they are the most challenging to organize and film IMO. The hunts play themselves out. Our preseason work is so vast over the off season its sometimes hard to cram all the lessons we learn and tell the story in a short video segment. All the work allows us to appreciate the harvest and makes success ever so sweet!