Quality of the sponsors?

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by ScottyDoesIt, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ScottyDoesIt

ScottyDoesIt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm new to bowhunting and hunting in general, and I'm wondering how is the quality of a lot of the brands that sponsor the show? I know Mathews has a pretty strong name to it but what about brands like lost camo and lone wolf? I don't mind putting down money if I'm getting good gear just trying to get some opinions from seasoned bowhunters.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly...I've never used either Lone Wolf or Lost Camo. I take deer every year so obviously there's nothing magic about them that other companies products can't do but tha tcan probably be said for any product.

I know a lot of people that swear by every sponsor product of this site...but if the question is "Are they better than anything else on the market?" Then I'd have to say they are probably better than some, not as good as some and also on par with most. There are cheaper products that perform just as well.

Some companies do seem to have a habit of making great products...personally I love NAP products. I've bought enough of their stuff to feel confident that pretty much anything from them is going to be reliable and competitively priced. Lonewolf stands...I don't even care for hang on stands but prefer ladders....cheap works as well as high priced in my experience with ladders so...there's that.

3. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO, LoneWolfs are worth every penny. They literally changed the way I hunt. Don't buy your equipment based on site sponsors.

4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think any ONE product gives you any measurable advantage over another product of like quality...

So the guy hunting a Bowtech with Muzzy and Victory arrows wearing Realtree camo and standing on a Muddy treestand, etc... vs the guys wearing what the BH or die gang wears or uses is equally equipped....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tony I gotta disagree with one exception. Mobile hunting wise, a guy with a LW or muddy vs a conventional climber is gonna have more options tree wise. This in turn is a major advantage. Everything else I agree does not make a big difference. Camo, arrows, BHs, etc.

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We agree, Finny... reread what I said...

The most disgusting line in hunting shows after someone kills a deer is, "THAT IS WHY I USE such an such product!! " ...totally cheapens the show that does it...

7. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO: the products used on the show are "legit". Like mentioned above the Mathews bows speak for themselves. I personally use a few of the NAP products & like them. As far as the lone wolf stands go I know they are the "cats ***" but I am cheap & choose to use the low dollar menards hang ons. Once my stands are set up they generally stay for 1-5 years so being portable isn't a big deal to me since they are heavy. If I hunted where I frequently moved sets or had to pack my stand in/out every time I would for sure have a lone wolf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have used lots of Tree Stands and to me Lone Wolf is the best. I own one of every stand they make. Now Mathews bows you can have them. The last three times I bought bows I shot Matthews every time and they did not impress me. To each his own though. Oh and I have never bought the same brand of bow two times.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  9. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO You can't go wrong with Mathews. The rest is mostly personal preference. Good Luck to you!

10. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lone Wolf is hands down the best tree stand on the market. I am not on pro staff nor do I get anything for saying this. I own three of them and love them. I can tell you this, it is the ONLY tree stand I am comfortable putting my most precious possession in which is my daughter. I bought an Alpha last year and realized it did not come with the old hanger like the old ones. I called their customer service and complained. The next day, one of the owners called me and explained why. He then sent me one free of charge. They care about their customers and build a fantastic product.

11. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use
    Treestands: Lone Wolf, Ameristep, Muddy, Summit and a few others that escape me at the moment.
    Camo: Scent Lok, Scent Blocker, Scent IQ. Realtree, Lost, Mossy Oak, and Predator.
    Bows: Hoyt, Bear, Mathews, PSE, and Mission.
    I can't honestly say that one isn't better than the other. They're all good in their own ways.
    I currently use all those treestands, scentblocker-realtreeAPG, and Mathews. That's what works for me and what I like right now. Doesn't mean next year I won't be using Lone Wolf, Scent IQ, Mossy Oak, and Hoyt.
    It
    Countless arrows, broadheads, releases, sights, stabilizers, rests, attractants, and trailcams.

It's all personal preference, what you're comfortable using, and whatever fits you're pocket book.

12. Full Draw

Full Draw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have an issue with Long Wolf stands they just are as comfortable to me as Milleninum Stands. I've owned both and sold the Lone Wolf for more Milleninum stands. Once again it's a preference.

"Live Life at Full Draw"

13. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think most of the shows sponsors products speak for themselves. As has been mentioned, lone wolf and mathews are definitely widely considered some of the best of the best, though I don't use either.
    I use 18 # hang on stands I buy new on ebay for 55$. They are very simple, easy to hang and take down, pack in, etc. they are not big or maybe as comfortable as a lone wolf, but they help me get the job done. I have three for less than the price of one lone wolf.
    Now I'm just rambling...

14. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys I will say this about stands there is no exception when it comes to that moment of truth and you go to stand up or turn and that stand squeaks!!!!!!! never had it happen in a Lone Wolf but I surely have experienced it with other cheap hang on models. when those inexpensive stands get cold its a whole nother ball game or rusty for that matter. As for sponsors gear the end result is this, trusting anothers opinion enough to go buy that product or to get into a bow shop or clothing retailer and try it out for yourselves. One thing will always stand true theres always gonna be FORD guys and CHEVY guys who will go round and round about whos is better. End result is entirely yours shoot what your comfortable with and wear what you like best, to each his own.

15. ScottyDoesIt

ScottyDoesIt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Damn, I wanted opinions and I got plenty. Thanks everyone for giving there two cents!

16. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a Ram guy myself.

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It's important to remember that just because someone on a show is using a product, us or anyone else, it doesn't necessarily make the product great or better than anything else out there. Every product has its pros and cons, every product fits within a certain budget, and every product has certain uses that it works best for. There's a lot of great products out there and the ones we use or promote aren't the only ones that will help you be a better hunter. Our job in promoting these products is simply to inform you about them - what they are, how they work, what the features and benefits are, and where you can check them out or purchase them if you want to.

With that said we do stand behind the products we use and the companies that we work with not just because we like their products and enjoy using them, but because they believe in what we're doing here at Bowhunting.com. They support our business and allow us to do what we do. Without them this place doesn't exist.

Oh, and I do believe Lone Wolf makes the best treestands and climbing sticks in the world, Sponsor or not. :tu:

18. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the Lone Wolf. I love all four that I have.

19. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think i use anything the show sponsors except stic n pic...

But, im poor.

20. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with statements above, no one product is the magic bean that creates success. Hunting success is from hard work, scouting, and understanding stand placement based on wind and deer patterns. Although necessary, sponsors have made hunting both a good and bad thing. The good is that quality products are out there, but the bad is that some shows have become so commercialized that they go overboard with the sponsorships to make money rather than actually promoting quality products or having a quality show. Bowhunting.com does a great job by having a good balance of showing their sponsors without impeding on the show - likewise, the show is awesome and sells itself.

In my personal hunting life before I made decent money, I was still out there with garbage cheap-o products that were either old hand me downs or purchased because of price rather than quality and I still had success. Now that I've been able to buy decent clothing and up to date gear, it sure has made things more comfortable and reliable, but it's not to say they are must haves by any means.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013