Bowfishing Conservation Project - Save A Clam

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by saveaclam, Jan 8, 2016.

1. saveaclam

saveaclam Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Everyone,
    I have been working on newly developed bowfishing conservation project called Save A Clam. If you could please take a moment to read the description below regarding our cause I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time and any support you could provide for our project would be greatly appreciated!

About Our Cause:
    Every year the New Jersey Shellfish Industries are attacked by large schools of migrating Cownose Rays which wreak havoc on the shellfish population. These rays enter the fisheries destroy farming equipment, eat the seeded shellfish and disturb the soil leading to shellfish suffocation. Over the years these predatory animals have grown in numbers due to the overfishing of their natural predator the shark. Our newly created conservation effort called Save A Clam is looking to help control the Cownose Ray population through the legalization of Saltwater Bowfishing for this invasive species. Being a conservation effort we would like reduce the population of the Cownose Rays to help out the shellfish industries but still maintain a healthy population of the species. Our goals also include encouraging the public to utilize the harvested Cownose Rays as an alternative viable food source. This project if passed will also introduce a lot of new shooters into the wonderful world of bowfishing and help out our economy through business development. If you would like to support our cause please sign our petition below, like our Facebook page and visit our website using the links below. Thank you for your time and we would greatly appreciate any support you can provide!

Save A Clam Website
    www.saveaclam.com

Save A Clam Petition
    https://www.change.org/p/nj-marine-f...edium=copylink

Save A Clam Facebook Page
    Save A Clam

2. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope to make it to the Chesapeake Bay this year to shoot my first sting ray.

3. saveaclam

saveaclam Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello TheRiverBottom,
    I hope you have a great time on your bowfishing trip. Are you going to hire a charter boat to take you out? It would be great if you could have your friends and family come along. We offer some recipes on our website if you would like to try eating the rays you catch. I hear they eat more a red meat then actual fish. I hope this helps.

Recipes - Page 1 | Save A Clam