Sitka gear

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Joseph_Blythe, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Joseph_Blythe

Joseph_Blythe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi
    I am new to this forum. This year I will start mule deer hunting in the California mountians because I'm getting my license this year. I know it seems that I shouldn't be getting Sitka gear when I'm starting deer hunting but I have been raised backpacking and I have learned quality gear is the way to go. I am an avid waterfowler. I plan on hunting deer a lot early season before waterfowl season but when waterfowl gets slow (until about mid November) I will be up in the mountians. I would like to know if you are running Sitka gear what do you have. But my main question is the dew point jacket wind resistant I was thinking that since it it is gore-Tex that it should be wind resistant. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Joseph_Blythe

Joseph_Blythe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Or kuiu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Talon_Ab77

Talon_Ab77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I second Kuiu.

4. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just because the Sitka has Gore-Tex doesn't always make it wind resistant. Look for their items with Windstopper, those items block the wind exceptionally well.

Side note: If you want to give me a call, we can go over it more in-depth. We also have a sale going on right now for all Sitka clothing in stock!

5. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Stick to Sitka if you want quality gear. Kuiu has great gear too, but their customer service leaves allot to be desired.