2016 Elk hunt preperation!

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Grube, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Grube

Grube Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, been starting to buy some gear and trying to figure out what all I need. Were going out to Colorado this September for the first time elk hunting, I wanna know what kinda gear is essential and what is not worth buying.
    I already have a bunch of equipment coming from Predator camo Like: A light weight suit, Grip frame, A good pack, water bladder, gloves hats, etc... Thinking I'm going to get a jet boiler Ive herd them seem to work well.
    And there is a bunch more stuff on my list to get yet but just wanna know what you guys think I should get yet?
    Thanks!

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only things that you really have to have besides your weapon (and an extremely good knowledge of it) would be your body in great shape and a great pair of boots. I like a good dry and warm place to sleep at night or get out of an all day storm. I like to be able to carry what I need during the day on my back or in a day/fanny pack. I like to be able to carry water with me. Etc., etc., etc. The other clothes and stuff you bring is to keep you comfortable on the hunt. If you aren't comfy, you're going to be a lot more likely to come back early or not hunt as hard as you would if you aren't comfortable.

You didn't say if you were packing in, or truck camping or hotel camping.

Most of all, plan on having fun, seeing some new territory and getting a great vacation.

Anything more than that will be a BONUS!!!!!

3. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pack as light as possible some food, drink, weapon, knives, gps and calls are the only thing you really need. First trip into the mountains is going to where your a$$ out. Enjoy it

4. preachnhunt

preachnhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You should take some good binoculars. A whole lot of time is spent glassing.

5. Grube

Grube Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys!

6. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First Aid kit, doesn't need to be big, but get the essentials in.