Elk outfitter advice

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Mjh6413, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Mjh6413

Mjh6413 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to book an elk hunt for 2017 and want to start my search early. Thinking MT is my best bet for ease of getting tags for possibly 6 in my party. Any recommendations on outfitters? Been on a few hunts, couple have been great and 1 in particular not so much. I don't wanna get burned again if possible, always seems to go back to the effort of the outfitter. Looking for a good guide/lodge. Thanks for any info.

2. Vinoex

Vinoex Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Need more information. Are you wanting a drop camp or a full fledged guide that calls for you and feeds you when you get back to the 5 star lodge are something in the middle?

3. Mjh6413

Mjh6413 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking for lodge style hunt and not drop camps. Definitely with meals as I would not wanna be responsible for that. Not necessarily looking for 5 star accommodations but comfortable, just a good experience where the hunting is first and foremost. We will remember the hunt much more than what we had for dinner. Thanks for the response.

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    J&D outfitters.

Kilboars Hunt Club

5. Mjh6413

Mjh6413 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will definitely check this out. Did you hunt with them recently? What is a ball park figure for the elk hunt with them? Thanks.

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have not hunted with them because a had to cancel twice but they seem to have all you and I are looking for.
    You'd have to check their web site and book it now. They've got a lot of repeat clients.

Kilboars Hunt Club