Bear Hunting

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by BowtechIRM, Mar 31, 2014.

1. BowtechIRM

BowtechIRM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I have a question about bear hunting tactics, obviously bait barrel with a stand or blind over it would be first choice. My question is would it be feasible to hunt bears in a sit and wait situation without bait? Would spot and stalk be an option (a poor option but one none the less)? Any and all input is appreciated, thanks guys.

2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. BowtechIRM

BowtechIRM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    SpotnStalk always with wisdom and good intentions thank you; now hopefully I can arrow a bear this spring after my post semester as a gift to myself

2013 Bowtech Assassin -
    58# DW - 27.5" DL - Tru-Glo Storm- Quick Shot Whisker Biscuit - Octane 5" Stab. - Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250 - Slick Trick Magnum 125gr. - Tru-Fire Edge Buckle Foldback

4. timberline

timberline Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have hunted bear and had success with both. The biggest factor will be the area you are hunting. Here in Minnesota much of the bear habitat is just to thick for spot and stalk. Where we hunt in Colorado it works great because you can glass so much. Best of luck!!!

5. BowtechIRM

BowtechIRM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Northern and centeral Saskatchewan so Jack Pine and Spruce up north Mixed aspen in centeral

2013 Bowtech Assassin -
    58# DW - 27.5" DL - Tru-Glo Storm- Quick Shot Whisker Biscuit - Octane 5" Stab. - Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250 - Slick Trick Magnum 125gr. - Tru-Fire Edge Buckle Foldback