Your ata coverage wasn't to good how come ???

Discussion in '2017 ATA Show Coverage' started by BuckEyeJay, Jan 12, 2017.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As the title states how come you guys didn't show us much ? You basically only showed the companies that are paying your bills or giving you free stuff. Archery talk and Facebook showed everything we wanted to see but you guys didn't and didn't really show us much like arrow companies victory , easton , carbon express and so on no one wants to see black eagle when no one is shooting them but you guys lol and sights like spothogg , axcel , shrewd, apex and many others who cares about hha 3 or 4 pin movable when companies have been doing that for quite some time now also stabilizers and ground blinds and treestand companies where we're those at no one cared about seeing lone wolf or xop when you didn't show anything new only the old stuff a guy on here even asked to show the new xop but you didn't I guess you guys only care about yourselves and the companies giving you free stuff well keep up the crappy work and thanx for barely any coverage of ATA.

2. Tylerray619

Tylerray619 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  3. Skylar oren

Skylar oren Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yikes.....:poke:

4. WELDO

WELDO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I like what there covering! Maybe go there next year and cover the show on your own dime . Just my opinion :bow:

5. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You should expect them to cover their sponsors first.

The lack of new things is on the companies and the show, not the guys covering it.

6. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Really? How about you type those fingers a little more and do some research yourself if it wasn't good enough here. Yeah they can't get to everything in a short amount of time. Just for fun I counted the threads Fitz started and it close to a hundred of different products. I say that's pretty damn good. They go from the floor to editing then get posted here. All in a few days. It's none stop work so to the guys who did all of that thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Or course they're going to cover the products offered by their sponsors. It's a business. That's how business relationships are formed and maintained. It's what allows them to produce their show, run this forum, maintain the website, all while not charging you a single thing. That's how this all works. Nothing is free.

That aside, they covered many products outside of their sponsorship. It takes a lot of time and effort to get pictures, video, recap information, etc. posted from the floor as they do. A lot of work went on behind the scenes to showcase the products, and I feel their coverage is some of the best. They posted 115 videos on Youtube alone not to mention their coverage here on the forum, their site, social media, etc.

Not to mention we were monitoring the forums to let them know of any special requests being made on here so they could try to cover it.

So, while I most certainly may be biased, I'm going to disagree with your assertion that their coverage was bad. On the contrary, it was probably some of the best.

8. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    117 videos for 630 Exhibitors seems pretty darn good for one week's worth of coverage.

I feel they did a good job at covering the most interesting new items, I need to get a Booner hat to wear out on the weekends.

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Alright....I'm the first to bust BHOD crew's balls but your post literally made this guy go WTH??!!

Did you sit and watch EVERY video? Over 115 videos, out of the 620 Exhibitors, well over 6 hours worth of coverage (low side estimate)....or are you just trolling or a BHOD hater?

If the latter good for ya, sad to exert energy to start a lame thread but whatever...spice of life as they say.

I however thinking maybe you are on to something checked out the titles of the threads quick and discovered "COMPETITOR" coverage for:

-Rage, Multiple Hawk Products, Raxx, G5, Raven, Cheap Shot, XOP, NOMAD, Hips Targets, Slick Trick, Spartan, Ramcat, Swhacker, Spypoint, Blood Sport, Dirt Nap Gear, PSE, Elite, Bear, Oneida, Hoyt, Bowtech, Wac'em, VIP...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh and just to be "that guy" since you chose to be...the title should be:

Your ATA coverage wasn't too good, how come?

11. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

NICE!!!!
    Words do mean things.

12. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess that my take was a little bit different. While I don't prescribe to many of the products that are sponsors here, this is by far one of the best sites around. The depth of information along with the lack of mean spirited comments, makes one enjoy visiting this place. The knowledgeable answers and experiences that so many share on here is to be dreamed of by any site. I was only frustrated by the ATA coverage in that I was spending so much time watching and I really needed to be doing other things.

So from this guys perspective, thank you for your coverage.

13. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i thought the coverage was pretty good. Like people have stated before it's a business for them so they are going to cover the people who sponsor them. All the articles of the coverage that i have read thus far have been good. So keep on doing your thing guys cause it was good coverage this year. Buckeye you should probably save up and go to the show next year if you want more coverage and get input on your own. IMO:jerry:

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys put down the pitchforks, put the torches out. BuckEyeJay has had recent surgery and is laid up for an extended period of time. Could be the meds, could just be frustration of being laid up, I think if we took time to ask questions rather than attacking we could all learn something from another persons perspective.:evilgrin:

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    The perspective this adds is a good thing Sota and thanks for that...however I'll be the first to wish him well, pray for him but still feel he is the one in need of the perspective. Perhaps he may have overlooked all the videos, missed the bow thread sub-section...who knows.

Prayers for you man (BuckEyeJay), keep us updated as prayers may need amended or switched to prayers of thanks!

16. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I will be the first to respond. This is the first time I have been on line since we went to the ATA on Monday. Since I was one of the main guys shooting interviews here is what I can tell you about the show and how we go about doing it.

1. First off of course we film our sponsors. It is our job.
    2. I believe I was in on filming around 50 videos this year. Only one that I can remember with HHA was with a sponsor.
    3. We also changed the way we filmed them this year. We tried to do an interview style instead of just putting someone in front of the camera. Personally I really liked the way the videos turned out. I thought they were more informative and had better content.
    4. I personally tried not to film the strait run of the mill same old plain jane bow accessories. If it wasnt something new, innovative or something that JZ had put on our list we didnt film it.
    5. I know hands down that we put out a better product this year than we have in the past. It takes 12 people to make the wheels turn on the show coverage. Its a lot of work but can also be a ton of fun. I appreciate all of the encouraging comments and I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the videos when they are posted today and tomorrow.

17. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My two cents. This seems to come up every single year of the ATA here by someone. Yes, they do cater to their sponsors first and they absolutely should. It would be like working for and getting free cars from Chevy singing the praises of Ford if they didn't. Most here that know anything about the BHOD crew expect this. No big deal. I thought the interview style was better quality and enjoyed the videos, even though I use very few products that sponsor the crew.

And lets to honest here. Not everyone does a report of such magnitude from the show like they do. Do you see the other big faces in the industry doing this? No. If they did, you can bet your paycheck on it that they would be covering their sponsor products exclusively.

18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry you feel that way.

Here's how our coverage went down from our perspective;

Day 1: We had 5 teams (pair of guys) videoing in the AM. 2 team, one with Justin & one with Todd ran around to cover our sponsors. One team was out trying to cover all the bow companies and many of the crossbow companies, and the other two teams covered sections and the list of products that we were able to scout out that looked cool or interesting. In the PM we had two team continuing to knock out their lists.

Day 2: AM 3 teams out covering additional products that were observed but not covered, and 2 Teams in the PM

Day 3: 2 team picking up what we could before leaving the show mid-day

From the get go we let people know that we were going to be doing a bit different this year. We wanted to focus on Quality over Quantity, hence the change to an interview style. Not only did this help keep people from freezing up when the camera was on, but it allowed us to be advocates for the viewer and ask questions to get more information out about the prducts.

So yeah, we didn't get the numbers of video that we may have in the past, but we tried our damndest to get everything that we though people would actually want to see. Trust me, there's a ton of stuff there that either isn't new, or just isn't that interesting. But if you want, next year I can interview 15 Yeti cooleer knockoffs if you'd like :tu:

I'll also note that videos are still being edited... so there.

19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yes please :evilgrin:

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will be honest I actually paid attention and watched a few videos this year, I think you lads are doing a fine job. I know from experience working a trade show floor is difficult from both an exhibitor and also the association putting the show on. It always amazes me when I go to a big show and am involved with move in, and assembly of the show floor all the people that spend countless hours assembling the show and two hours after the show ends most of it is torn down boxed off ready to be shipped out. Long hours and a long week when you are working a show vs attending.