TEAM 11 - The Compound Mafia

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Yancey, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team 11- The Compound Mafia Points
    BigEv
    BigPhil_H
    bootlegtater 50(doe)
    crxwolski
    Hillbilly Jedi
    KCArrowSlingeri
    drag n' bragi
    NEW61375
    Rickyp
    Scowd
    Yancey-Captain
    Z7hunter

Red letters indicate that hunter has checked in.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi. Just checking in. I'm Yancey from Florida. I'm hunting the same property I have the previous year. Got a few nice bucks on camera and can't wait till the season kicks off Sept 15. Hope everyone has a good season and look forward to the contest. This will be my first year in it. And my first season bow hunting so I hope I manage to put up a good score.

3. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! This is my first season in the contest. I've mostly hunted public land in years past. Been hunting it for at least 25 years. It's bowhunting only. I've taken some nice ones out of there. I go deep and stay all day no matter what time of year it is. Just seems easier on me that way. This year is a little different for me in that I actually have a 200 acre lease. Been getting some nice pics. I can't give up on my old tried and true though. There's some big one's in there. This should be fun!

4. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yancey, how do you like your Carbon Spyder? I've never had a Hoyt and I'm thinking about giving one a try next year. How does it hold on target?

5. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in , I'm Nate and I'll be hunting primarily in SE VA. I do have some land to hunt out in the middle and western side of the state but for the most part I enjoy hunting on the Eastern Shore. I don't have muchtime right now to post at work just wanted to check in.

6. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    From what I got to shoot at the archery store it's great. I ordered it almost two weeks ago and it was suppose to be in last Thursday but was delayed till Tuesday this week. I shot it about twenty times before I decided to buy it. It's a nice shooting bow. Really smooth and super quite. It really impressed me, epically over the others I shot.

7. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for opening day! Sept. 15th here in Missouri. Only thing I ask from Team 11 is we can't let team 14 beat us. My buddy is on that team. I don't want hear him get all lippy! I've all ready told him I'm going to P all around his stand sites this year.

8. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck this season!

9. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah me too. I took the day off so I could hit the woods right away. Not but a few of the 11 people in my club bow hunt and 3 of us are on the same shift.
    I hope to get this big boy on the scoreboard. They usually don't know what's going on that early in the year. Here's a couple pics that were on my came to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If not I got another plan where I got a smaller 8 on cam(but like a fool I deleted the pics) at another spot. The only thing is I need their cooperation just a little to put an arrow through them. Oh... and my bow to show up tomorrow like it's suppose to.

10. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! You to man. Hope you have some luck.

11. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nate,
    When's the season start up there?

12. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys. So far we have 3 checked in. I hope the other 9 get in before the cut off. Still got a some time though.

Welcome to the team and good luck everyone!!! Talk to y'all later.

13. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yancey, he looks like a nice one. I hope you put him down! I'm heading to my lease on Wednesday to get a few more things ready for the opener. I'll be hunting the first 3 days of season. Looking for that 50pt skin head!

14. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah me too. I've been out to mine the last two days just looking at cameras and making sure the feeders are good. I have the most convenient lease on earth. It's about a half mile from my house so I don't have far to go plus it won't take me long to get to the stand. And I'm with you. If I can get a good shot on a doe, it'll go down. There's a about five or more at both my stands and a few more at a place I'm scouting. I just won't to get out there and go after something besides these freakin hogs. Plus I just want to put my bow to use. I go after hogs with buckshot.

15. bootlegtater

bootlegtater Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in...been in the contest the past couple of years. I'll be trying some public land and private land in my home state of Kentucky. May even head up to Ohio this year as well for some time in the stand. Hope to contribute as much as possible. I'm a bowhunter only and will be in stand every chance that I get. I have vacation for the first two weeks of season this year, so we'll see early on hopefully...

16. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome bootlegater. Glad you're on the team and checking in.
    Sounds like you may have a pretty good plan for season. How long till your season kicks off? And any deer you've got you eyes in this year?
    Good luck this season I/we look forward to seeing what you get.
    -Yancey

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  17. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys we're one guy closer. Look forward to getting everyone else on board and getting to know y'all.

We're at 4/12.

18. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in...my names Phil and I'm from Raleigh, NC. This is also my first year in the deer contest and I am very much looking forward to it. Although I am yet to get a shooter on camera, I am confident that there are many on the numerous properties I hunt throughout NC; keeping the faith alive and wishing that the scouting, food plots and shooting in the back yard pays off. Good luck to all and "may the odds be ever in OUR favor." :)

19. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been getting this guy on our lease. We're thinking he's only a 3 year old from looking at his body. We're not that good at judging their age. We only want to shoot bucks that are 4 and old[​IMG][​IMG]er. How old do you guys think he is?

20. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is the layout of the lease. All fields are in beans except the far northeast field it's milo. 200 acres [​IMG]