Pass Thru Boyz - TEAM 14

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by JasonOhio2018, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    TEAM 14

BearMethod1976
    big_quillie
    dawg007
    dmen
    FEB
    frosty452
    SouthernMDArcher
    SparrowHawk
    StringFlinger18
    WesternMdHardwoods
    WideRack14
    WiscoBowHunter

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  2. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!

3. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking In!

I am Seth from Cumberland, Md. I mainly do most of my hunting in the western part of the state but will make a few trips to southern md if time allows this year. I am fortunate enough with my job to have most of November off so I will be putting plenty of time in, just have to connect.

4. WideRack14

WideRack14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in

5. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WiscoBowHunter Checking in!

6. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Little about me, You can call me Logan/Wisco/WiscoBowHunter what ever you prefer. I hunt 2 main pieces of property. The first is a 380 acre farm near Watertown Wi another is the favorite is a 560 acre piece near Taylor Wi out in bluff country chasing them big ridge runners. As it says I live in Ashippun wi the counties I hunt are Jefferson, Trempealeau Wi. They days are ticking by till Sept 13!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fred checking in. I see a few familiar names, mainly my man SMDA, how are ya Dave? Good to see ya here, let's do this!
    Yes Dawg, you can be captain :tu:

I hunt a couple of properties in Illinois, and one little piece in Wisconsin. I usually kill a few deer every year including some decent bucks. I know of at least a couple of bruisers that made it through last season and I'm really looking forward to chasing em.
    Can't wait!

8. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Any volunteers for team captain. I don't mind doing it. Let's take a vote. I'll start. My vote goes to Wiscobowhunter.

9. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe also a team name?

10. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    About me. I hunt in Northeast Ohio. Die hard bowhunter. I hunt 2 pieces of property. One is 160 acres mostly planted beans and corn with some surrounding timber. I also have a new piece this year and it's 130 acres of pretty much the same. My wife is pregnant and will be giving birth to a brand new bowhunter named Landon somewhere in the middle of October. Don't worry lol, she is great and understands my passion for bowhunting, I even got her involved this year and bought her a Mission Craze by Mathews. I have a few different mature bucks I'll be hunting this year that will all score somewhere between 140 to 160. Just got back from finishing brushing in one of my blinds today and notice the acorns are dropping here in Northeast Ohio! 39 days to September 27!!

11. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. Running late for an appointment, will post a short bio/intro later........................Hey Feb !!!

12. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in.

13. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck this season!

14. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!!

I am hunting a new piece this year, 188 acres in Southwest Michigan. I am really excited about this season. My entire life I have hunted my Grandfathers 32 acres which is still in the family and I have permission to hunt. The problem is as years have gone by the hunting pressure on the properties around my 32 acre piece has become so over pressured that the hunting has become awful. I currently have 5 cameras on my new piece which I like to call the "back 188". I do plan on doing a little bit of hunting on my 32 acre piece which I call "gramps". Here is the best buck I have so far on the back 188, I know I will get some more guys to show soon. This picture is from the second week of July and I am calling this guy 8 ball. I hope he shows again soon. Hopefully he put on some more size as well. I pulled my camera two weeks ago with no mature buck movement. It has been hot and dry!! The temps have cooled over the last few weeks and I plan to go swap some cards again this weekend. Early doe is Sept 20,21 and Opening day of Archery starts Oct 1st here. Season is right around the corner!

8 BALL 1.jpg 8BALL 2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  15. WideRack14

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good SparrowHawk. How you like that Evolution? Mines supposed to show up tomorrow. If it's anything like my Phoenix I'm sure I'll be happy.

16. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love it!! I was shooting an Elite Hunter, which I really liked that bow as well but the Evolution is just so much faster. The Evolution is smooth, it does pull a little harder in the beginning of the draw cycle and has a slightly bigger hump to the backwall then the hunter, but for a speed bow it is very SMOOTH. I mean I am shooting 325 fps vs 280fps that I was with my old Elite. I went with my first 1 pin sight, a HHA optimizer lite, and I can set it at 25yds and shoot from 0-30 without any drop. I have heard great things about the Phoenix as well but haven't shot one! How do you like that? You are going to have a nice 1 2 combo !

17. WideRack14

Dislikes Received:
    I just got the Phoenix last week but so far I love it. I had an Elite Energy 35 before it and I thought it had a smooth draw but the Phoenix is even smoother. I can't believe how well it holds on target too. I was running a 10" front bar with 2 oz. and a 8" back bar with 8 oz. on my E35. On the Phoenix I'm just using the 10" with 2 oz. which is great because it's so much lighter. Still have some tinkering to do with it but I think I'll be keeping it for a long time. It's a shooter. I have a 1 pin for my Evolution too. Good to hear that you're shooting it to 30 with no drop. I'm looking forward to testing it out this week.

18. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    So who is on your guys "Hit List" ? Here are a few of mine. Lets see em!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    The small thumbs haven't been opening. You may want to use photobucket and copy and paste the link.

20. WideRack14

Dislikes Received:
    I see that. I'll try that way.