Marketing 101

Discussion in '2014 ATA Show Coverage' started by Heckler, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't tell me to go to your website and check your stuff out when you have failed to update your website with your new products.. Most of these manufacturers don't have a clue. This stuff should all be done prior to the start of the ATA show so it can go live the first hour of the first day! Sorry I had to vent! :) Other then Bowtech and a few others they have all failed miserably!

Sorry! Had to vent... LOL! :)

2. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Preach it. I hate when they do that. I go to check out pricing and other little details and guess what they aren't there. :rant:

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would have my *** handed to me at work if we had a new product without any marketing material on our website at a launch like this.

4. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Happened to me at least 3 times today when trying to check out products. Don't get me wrong, I love NAP and their products, but they didn't even have a quiver section on their site when I went to check out the tribal. :throw:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  5. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya believe me its been rough with all of fitz' updating....a lot of good looking stuff...

But technically isnt the ATA show kinda like a premier....the insiders (retailers) are invited to check out the latest and greatest but the actual product doesnt come out for a few months....if so why would they advertise so far before the launch date when they can create a buzz through the retailers first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO! I see what you did there Ouch!!! Justin .. Any comment???

7. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    What?? I was serious, I love NAP, they make some great stuff. I just wanted to look at all the details about their new tribal quiver and there wasn't even a section for quivers on their site!

8. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They had a little tap on the right side of the main page for the 2014 stuff, it gave a little more info but no price or anything.

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not all deals with manufacturers are made on the spot! What if a dealer says hey do you remember X product. I think it did this, or what was the specs, or what was the MSRP. Let me go look on their website! Doh! They can't because the stuff isn't there!

10. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know! I was just seeing what Justin would say to that being their group does NAP's website. :)

11. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    I did not know that :poke: I retract my comment, would still like to attend this years GTG :lol:

:sheep:

12. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

Dislikes Received:
    If its anything like my business the dealers shove the new stuff down your throat with banners and signage...brouchers coupons rebates you name it....the retailer is def aware of whats out there....the consumers then hear about stuff through events and forums such as a live from the ATA thread and start talking....the websites update shortly after and a demand is already in place for stock that could otherwise become costly dead stock if the initial buzz had not been set and an idea of demand was not known

13. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    And I didn't see that, I'll have to go check it out.

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's great when you can find more info on new products on UTube then the manufactures website.

15. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see your point BACKSTRAPASSASSIN. At the same time I am not digging through the 1 million marketing flyers in the 4 bags of crap I got to find the info when I could look it up on my phone. :)

16. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

Dislikes Received:
    I get it.....i to will keep checking websites like you until I get the info I want....they love it....get ya going from all angles

17. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fact: The worst pricing will be on the company's website.

Fact: Nobody uses websites anymore anyways. It's all on facebook. If you arnt looking at there facebook page then you are behind the times and need to catch up.

Fact: 75% of new stuff has a new color and name and is the same as last years. Lol

18. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    FAQ- Not true. A lot business block access Facebook! :) FAQ - A lot of manufacturers don't have facebook pages or don't maintain them. I know this because I looked at a lot of Manufacturer's facebook , twitter, and instagram pages when I couldn't find anything on their website. ! Zero info! Some facebook pages hadn't been updated with anything in months.

I will agree with you on the last one though!

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: You must think I not only own and run Bowhunting.com but Carbon Express and NAP as well. Good lord man, I just work here!

What you guys have to realize is that a lot of these companies are bringing and showing prototypes and stuff they just got in a few days ago to this show. Heck, there's some people that don't even have their new products yet. Being able to engineer it, get it produced, and packaged by January is a tough feat for any company. They have all they can do to get product here for dealers to look at. I agree it would be nice to have on their websites, but it's not always so easy.

PS - Click on the big "2014 NEW PRODUCTS" graphic on NAP's home page to view the new product catalog with quivers in it. It's been there since Christmas. :busted:

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, we can't poke Todd or anyone else as they are not active on here. So you are a victim by association. :p That comment was simply out of good fun! I did see later someone did say that the info was on NAP's website. :tu: I find it rather comical that manufacturers print 4 million marketing flyers for the show but can't seem to get it on their website in electronic format. PDF or other. :p