Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1183
    Soggy McBottom is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Derek!

DD/MO is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Trying to get to your level of work!

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy McBottom View Post
    Nice work Derek!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DD/MO View Post
    Thanks! Trying to get to your level of work!
    Good one! I wish I had more time to fool with it. I learn something new every time I open CS6. Did you settle on your software yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good one! I wish I had more time to fool with it. I learn something new every time I open CS6. Did you settle on your software yet?
    I think I'm going with Final Cut Pro X. Using the free trial right now and it's working great with my MacBook Pro...much better than iMovie. Plus, it's getting down to crunch time and the format is very similar to iMovie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Derek I would read this article first:

Video Editing Apps: Premiere Pro vs Final Cut Pro X vs Media Composer | Premiumbeat.com

If you like Final cuts workflow Adobe has a preset that matches. Remember I have a biased opinion toward PP but Final cut is a standalone software where PP has direct links to Photoshop, Prelude, SpeedGrade and my favorite After Effects.

That being said the content is what counts. You'll be fine with whatever you get.
    Last edited by Soggy McBottom; 12-18-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So did you buy it or are you doing the monthly subscription? Single app or the full package?

Don't feel like dropping $1,899 on the full package...

Derek I would read this article first:

Video Editing Apps: Premiere Pro vs Final Cut Pro X vs Media Composer | Premiumbeat.com

If you like Final cuts workflow Adobe has a preset that matches. Remember I have a biased opinion toward PP but Final cut is a standalone software where PP has direct links to Photoshop, Prelude, SpeedGrade and my favorite After Effects.

That being said the content is what counts. You'll be fine with whatever you get.

Post Thanks / Like
    So did you buy it or are you doing the monthly subscription? Single app or the full package?

Don't feel like dropping $1,899 on the full package...
    I bought the production premium package. It was listed at $1,899 but since my wife is a fulltime student we got some sort of discounted student pricing.

One thing to consider is in CS6 I can use different video formats on one timeline without transcoding. That means I can start a project with my main camera settings then drop my GoPro or DSLR footage in anywhere without transcoding. Not sure you can do that with final cut. Something to think about when guys send in their footage.

CS6 could be overkill for what you are doing. As far as I can tell what you’re using now looks pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what transcoding means but, I've been dropping in my main camera, GoPro, Playsport, DSLR and a basic Sony HandyCam. The clips render after you drop them in, but that's about it. They I just start editing away.

I'll check into a free trial on CS6. I would be more interested in the monthly package vs. $1,899 up front. That's another reason why I like the FCPX....$299.

I bought the production premium package. It was listed at $1,899 but since my wife is a fulltime student we got some sort of discounted student pricing.

One thing to consider is in CS6 I can use different video formats on one timeline without transcoding. That means I can start a project with my main camera settings then drop my GoPro or DSLR footage in anywhere without transcoding. Not sure you can do that with final cut. Something to think about when guys send in their footage.

CS6 could be overkill for what you are doing. As far as I can tell what you’re using now looks pretty good.

Turro is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Sorry it's been a while since I checked in. Little mans been a blast and kept me pretty busy. Looks like some nice pics and videos from you guys.
    I did manage to sneak out for a hunt today. I gotta say i love hunting this time of year now. Can't beat getting out yesterday for a quick walk and seeing some heavy traffic so had to give one last try. Weather was beautiful and couldn't have had a much better time just getting out.
    Last light caught a glimpse of a deer through a pretty tight shooting lane. It's head was just out of view. Wife wanted more meat and I didn't want to eat a tag since probably won't be out any more this season, so pending tracking in the morning should have my other 50 points on the board for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bowtech Insanity CPX
    Tru Fire Hardcore 4 Finger
    Trophy Ridge Outlaw
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme 8"
    Easton Axis 340
    Easton Full Metal Jacket 340

Bear Grizzley 45# (1970 or 71)
    Probably fixed single bevel

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Turro!!

Not sure what transcoding means but, I've been dropping in my main camera, GoPro, Playsport, DSLR and a basic Sony HandyCam. The clips render after you drop them in, but that's about it. They I just start editing away.

I'll check into a free trial on CS6. I would be more interested in the monthly package vs. $1,899 up front. That's another reason why I like the FCPX....$299.
    Derek, I think your show will look great with whatever you get. I think guys that spend $1900 for software plan on using it a ton.

Turro is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turned out to be the button buck I saw on the cam. Wish it was one of the does but I'll console myself with backstraps tonight. Guess that concludes my season of quality deer mismanagement.
    I knew I hit high and forward cause of how he ducked and glanced off a tiny twig. On the plus side was far enough forward to hit neck good and killzone opened it up nice.
    Shot 4:40 PM, recovered this morning. Got my little hunting buddy his first hunting pics too

Bowtech Insanity CPX
    Tru Fire Hardcore 4 Finger
    Trophy Ridge Outlaw
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme 8"
    Easton Axis 340
    Easton Full Metal Jacket 340

Bear Grizzley 45# (1970 or 71)
    Probably fixed single bevel

Siman/OH is offline Senior Member Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats bro!

2009, 2010 and 2013 G2G Attendee!

Siman/OH is offline Senior Member Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put together a new trailer for my upcoming show, The Break. Check it out if you get a chance.

Dude. Epic. I shared it out my SBO page.

2009, 2010 and 2013 G2G Attendee!

Oly44 is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not hunting related but I had a early start to my day today, at 1:30 A.M. my pager went off for a working fire! I went to our station and hopped on our engine. As we were traveling down the highway you could see where we were heading, this building was fully involved. We get on scene and it is a large recycling center. After it was all said and done we were on scene for about 8hours! This was my first major fire I went on since getting on my department back in the fall. Here is a link to a video of the fire.

WICD NewsChannel 15 :: News - Top Stories - Urbana Recycling Center Destroyed by Fire
    Last edited by Oly44; 12-20-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Check out my YouTube page: Click Here!

Mathews Creed XS
    HHA DS-5510
    NAP Apache Carbon
    Sawtooth Stabilizer
    CX Mayhem arrows

Krohboy is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm goin out this weekend and filling the rest of my tags with does I think.

The worst part about not winning the contest is not the loss but in fact not being on the same team as you guys next year. By far my favorite team I've been on. Thanks for a great season guys.

Tyler
    Student of SDSU's Wildlife and Fisheries Program
    1st Annual Shed Hunting Contest Champion
    2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Champion