Team 6: Red Sun Rising Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 19, 2013.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The competition is only as fun as the team makes it, so stay active and check in often! Also remember DO NOT let this competition change how you hunt and what you harvest at all...take what makes you happy and the cool part is you'll have a team to share it with!

Remember to post two harvest pictures no matter buck or doe (simply move the angle or the bow so it's clearly two pictures!)

Team 6:

BadgerBoi21-
    -Kyle from northern Wisconsin. Will be returning to the woods this season after a tree stand accident last season! Bound to have a comeback year for us (no jinx intended!!!) !!!

Born2Hunt-
    -Jason, Wisconsin. Started Born2Hunt Outdoors (LINK) and will be chasing some Wisconsin studs this season!

Goosepond Monster-
    -AKA Goose, southern IN boy and will be chasing his first buck this year!!!

gri22ly-
    -Grizzly from KY, short check in posts means he'll be the silent killer on our team I bet!

gutone4me-
    -Pat, is a recent transplant to KY but will return to WI (and Kansas and OKie possibly as well) for some hunting. He works and Covert in case you didn't know judging by his "King of Trail Cam Pictures" status here on the site :D ... oh and gents Creek Buck that he's chasing is a BEAUT!!!

Jeffrey Jones-
    -AKA Jeffery Jones :lol:, OK is where bucks and does will be falling to this guy!

jrk_indle84-
    -Jeremy hails from the whitetail beast that is IL. Does gun hunt so everyone pray he connects early in bow :lol: !!!

NEW61375-
    -Nate, resides and will be hunting in VA and is expecting a baby December 26th!!! (Christmas baby possibly!)

Okcaveman-
    -Colby from OK is a self proclaimed meat hunter guaranteeing the team some points :D!! *Watch him down the best buck because of that!

Pops423-
    Denny hails from PA and has a youtube channel HERE...bought a doe tag this season which I guess he'll just have to fill and give us 50 points!!! :D

tylerhnick3024-
    -Tyler, 3rd year hunter and will be knocking the wind out of a few in OH!

tynimiller-
    -Ty, resides and will hunt primarily IN (MI/OH if tag filled early). Does have an informational site/blog HERE.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna keep the first post as pure team list and informational stuff so here's my check in:

Sa-weeet! It's here fellas let the good times be had! Let the checking in begin!

I'll go first;

Ty Miller-Northern, IN

Many of you know me from my posts here or my site/blog. I have two main spots I hunt with one holding quite a few P&Y+ caliber deer and the other usually a handful of 100-130 inch bucks. The goals this year includes downing a good buck after going buckless after 3 straight filled tag years, downing a couple does with bow and for once in a LONG time actually hunting with a firearm by downing a slickhead with my new .44 magnum pistol!

Team looks solid and a good group of guys (gals??)! I know for a fact some of us are experienced hunters but more importantly good guys! Let's keep the team communication high throughout the season and have a blast!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Also as we have them post team name ideas

4. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    New61375 checking in.

I'm Nate W. I'll be hunting all over VA. The earliest season for me is the Urban Archery season which starts Sept. 7(antlerless only). Statewide bow season runs Oct.5 through Nov. 15 then I can hunt a late bow season that runs Dec. 2 thru Jan. 4.

I'll be hunting a lot on the Eastern Shore of VA so I'll be after some pretty wary marsh bucks. I'm not too picky but I'd like to shoot a mature 8 or better but it really all depends on my mood. We see a couple of bucks every season that probably go between the 120's and low 140's with an occasional "monster" larger than that. Most of the land I hunt sees at least an average amount of hunting pressure with some areas being above average(public spots). I will probably take just about any deer if I'm hunting with my recurve so even young bucks could be at risk(fair warning). I'm pretty active as far as posting and I like to take pictures of the areas I hunt so I'll try and post as much of that stuff as possible.

My wife and I are expecting a baby boy due Dec. 26 so it's safe to say I need to score as early as possible;)

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    AWESOME! Congrats man! Sounds like you'll be a sure fire 50pointer with that early of a season opener, food source massacre I predict!!!

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Go get 'em, Boys! You guys have some heavy hitters....good luck!

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Giving us the sugar so you can dish out the salt at a later date huh? :D Good luck to you to bud!

8. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am rooting for you Ty. Go for the silver! Haha. Good luck fellas, hope you have a great season.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Haha! I was hoping you'd be on my team in this too...no worries either way let's make the Kansas boys cry! If we win silver does that mean you get the bronze...cuz surely we ain't losing to you?! :lol:

10. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Goosepond Monster, some call me Goose - Southern Indiana

I lost my main hunting spot this year, so I'm not really sure what to expect this season. I have permission to hunt a property that is about ninety acres, a thread about it here and I also hunt at my grandma's place. It is only a three acre property, but there is an old railroad bed that is used pretty regularly by deer. I also have permission to hunt a spot a little north of Indianapolis that is in the Urban Deer Zone, so that gives me a little earlier start and later finish than the rest of the state. It also gives me a chance to take a second buck if the opportunity presents itself.

This will be my third season hunting and second with a bow. My goal is to get my first buck this year as well as get some meat in the freezer, but ultimately I'm just happy to get in the woods and watch the critters do their thing.

11. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking now ...I'm here so don't count me out...I will post more info in a bit!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I feel it is gonna happen for ya this year man!

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Also just a heads up everyone....with Pat on our team be ready to see a ton of trail cam photos...it's kinda his Schtick :D :lol: (They are almost always great though)

14. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It won't surprise me, I usually never win anything. I probably should've told you that before we took on the Jayhawkers. I'm ready to ride the rest of my team to victory, I just don't know yet if they are ready to carry me.

15. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    congrats its something very special...enjoy every moment!

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice I can go to the same thread and give Pat and Ty a hard time :poke: Ty you guys can always go with Team Consolation...and this can be your Avatar
    [​IMG]

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I knew it was a matter of time... :hater: :D

18. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wouldn't want to disappoint :)

19. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Alright My name is Jason Phillips and I'm from Wisconsin. I have been hunting all my life well most of it lol...I would say I started bowhunting around age 17 or 18 years of age. I think i have been a member on this website for 3 years now and I tell you it has been pretty entertaining at times. I also started a hunting group called Born2hunt Outdoors. I put a group of guys in our area that has tons of experience in hunting together. We are currently partnered up with Covert Trail Cameras which Pat works. They have been great to Born2hunt Outdoors so far. We hope we can continue to have a great company to be behind us through our journey to success. This year we have 5 shooters so far on trail cameras and hoping more to come, which I can't wait to see them in the field. I am fortunate to be able to hunt on multiple farms which gives me great opportunity now and the future. If anybody is interested look us up on facebook and help support our team. We also have have website and a Youtube channel which we have multiple hunts on there now however I have some of them locked.

I can't wait to get to know each one of you this year and hopefully gain a few friends. Make sure you subscribe to this page to keep updated on whats going on if you have a cell phone. I think this will be a great year for me and a great year for this team so everyone keep me updated and lets gets some bone on the ground!

20. badgerboi21

badgerboi21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What's going on team? My name is Kyle and I live and hunt in Northern Wisconsin. This is my third time, I believe, in the deer contest and haven't had the best of luck helping the team. Hopefully this year changes is a different story however. I have spoken with a few of our teammates over the last few years throughout various threads so it's nice to see some familiar names! I'm anxious to get the season going and get back out in the woods. Unfortunately I had my season last year cut short due to a tree stand accident, so along with being excited for the season I am a little nervous as well. With that said, here's to wishing all of us the best of luck and many safe hunts!