Official gtg agenda & shoot information

Discussion in '2012 Bowhunting.com Get Together & Archery Fun Sho' started by Justin, May 21, 2012.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Okay folks - the details are finally worked out for the shoot, so here is everything you need to know! Of course if you have questions, concerns, suggestions, etc please post them here and we'll do our best to respond quickly.

First and foremost, this event is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Whether you are a member of Bowhunting.com or not, have 20 years experience or 2 months, everyone is welcome to attend.

Remember - this is all for fun and bragging rights. This event is about getting together to fling a few arrows, enjoy some food, and talk hunting. Everyone is welcome to come out no matter what type of bow you shoot, how old you are, etc. If you like shooting a bow and talking hunting, you're welcome in our camp any day!

DATE

Saturday June 9, 2012

Coon Creek Hunt Club
    11050 Slough Road
    Garden Prairie, IL 61038

CLICK HERE FOR A MAP

COSTS

ENTRY FEE, 3D COURSE & LUNCH

$20 per person includes your entry fee for the day, shooting the 3D course, lunch with a drink (soda or water), entry to win door prizes, and participation in the Long Distance shoot. If for some reason you are not shooting, the cost will be $10 for lunch and a door prize ticket. For those who pre-registered, you will get your t-shirt when you sign in.

BOW RAFFLE & POP-UP TARGETS

$10 per person for entry into the bow raffle, which includes unlimited pop-up course shooting throughout the day. At 1 pm we will be raffling off a brand new Mathews Heli-m bow (RH 29/70). 2nd place will be a Lone Wolf treestand, and 3rd place will be a Stealth Cam trail camera. Those who buy a raffle ticket will get a wristband, which allows you to shooting an unlimited amount of pop-up 3D during the day. The high score on the pop-up range will also be awarded a prize TBD.

IRON BUCK CHALLENGE

$5 per person, winner takes 1/2 the pot.

DRINKS, DVD'S, STICKERS, ETC.

Additional drinks, Bowhunting.com DVD's, stickers, shirts, etc will be available for purchase throughout the day.

GARAGE SALE

For those of you who have items you want to sell or trade, bring them out! There will be plenty of people there who may be interested in them.

AGENDA

8 AM

Shoot Opens! All shooters must register at the front desk inside the clubhouse where you will get your score card for the range and be able to register for all the events. Once you've signed in you can start shooting.

8 AM - NOON

Open shooting. Again, once you sign in you're free to start shooting. The practice range, 3D course and pop-up targets will be open all morning. Shoot at your own pace. If you want to be entered to win prizes, your score card for the 3D course must be turned in at the front desk by noon. (more details below)

We'll have a few Can Cookers running during the morning so you can try out some buffalo, elk or venison in between shooting.

NOON - 1 PM

Lunch! Hang around the clubhouse, make friends, talk deer hunting, etc. As usual we'll have friend chicken, mostaccioli, Italian beef, potato salad and some sort of sweets.

1 PM

Prizes will be awarded for 3D course & Pop-Up course, followed shortly after by the Bow Raffle and Door Prizes.

YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!

1:30 PM

Long Distance Shoot (Details below)

2:00 PM (or whenever Long Distance is over)

IRON BUCK CHALLENGE (details below)

2:30 pm - DARK

Open shooting. Practice range and 3D course will be open until dusk, Pop-up will be open until 5 PM. Shoot as much as you want, or hang out and relax. It's up to you.

SHOOTING EVENTS

3D COURSE

The couse consists of 15 Rinehart 3-D targets at unmarked distances. We'll try to keep the furthest shot under 45-ish yards. Each shooter will get 1 arrow per target. Targets will be scored 0 (miss), 5 (body), 8 (lungs), 10 (heart) and we will be keeping track of your 12 rings for purposes of a tie breaker.

You can shoot the course as often as you'd like, but your score only counts from your FIRST time through the course.

No rangefinders are allowed! Binoculars are okay.

In order to be eligable for prizes, you must be shooting a hunting setup. No scopes with magnification allowed, and no stabilizers over 12 inches. After all, we are a bowhunting website. :D

Crossbows are allowed on the course, but are not eligable for prizes.

Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. In the event of a tie, the 12 ring (x count) will determine the winner.

POP-UP 3D COURSE

Once you've paid your fee and have a wristband you can shoot as much as you'd like. The person running the course will keep track of your scores. Your highest score for the day will be turned in for prizes. In the event of a tie, we'll have a sudden death shoot-off, with the highest score winning. Winnner of this event will receive a prize TBD (trust me, it will be good)

Again, no scopes with magnification, no stabilizers over 12 inches.

LONG DISTANCE SHOOT

Depending on the size of our group, we will break up into 2 to 4 smaller groups for this event. Each group will shoot independantly of one another. Each participant will get one shot from an unknown distance. The two closest arrows to the center of the target will win that group and move on to the final. For the final round all shooters will get one arrow, with the closest to the center being the winner. The winner of this event will receive a new Can Cooker.

If you miss the target you are automatically eliminated.

IRON BUCK CHALLENGE

All participants will get a single shot from a distance TBD. If you make it in the foam, you advance to the next round. If you don't, you're out (and so is your arrow). Each round we will move back 10 yards until we have a single winner. The winner of this event will take 1/2 the pot of monies collected.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will be there for sure! Can not wait either. Lots of fun for any of you that have not gone to one. This will be my 3rd year in a row going!

3. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    damn i wish i could go 11 hours drive is too much for me hahaha

4. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is why we camp out so you make a weekend out of the deal!

5. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    so if we stay the night before at the camp we still pay the 20 to get in for lunch and to shoot right ?

6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The camp has nothing to do with the shoot. Several years back when we started this most of us wanted to come out the day before instead of driving really early shoot morning so we camped. Since then the camp out has become almost as big as the shoot and equally as fun. Now many of us come out several days early just to relax and have fun!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

7. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    okay thank you i figured as much but i wanted to just double check.

8. Brad77

Brad77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will be there.

9. Brad77

Brad77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will be there. I cant wait this is going to be my first shoot.

10. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! Hope to meet you Saturday.

11. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious, who traveled the farthest to the GTG and how far was it?

Thought maybe next year, but it's 5.5 hours and 320+ miles each way, so I'm on the fence...

12. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Right here...11 hr, 700ish mile drive (one way)

Edit to add: It's my second trip up or a GTG and is worth the drive. I'll be making the trip again.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    8.5 hrs for me. It was worth it :tu:

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz you hid in your tent most of the time since we picked on you. What did you have in your tent to make it worth it?

15. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, maybe 5.5 hours doesn't sound so bad now...thanks fellows.

16. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Im not the farthest but I have done 7 hrs for 7 years now to this event!

17. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It only takes 5 if you don't break down :poke: